About OFTEC registration schemes
OFTEC has its roots in the oil heating industry and today offers a range of competent persons registration services for heating businesses and technicians. The schemes have been developed to suit the varying regulations and opportunities that apply in different parts of the UK and the Republic of Ireland including:
- Competent persons schemes for England, Wales, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands, incorporating self-certification of controlled service work for oil, solid fuel, electrical part P and renewable heating technologies
- Registration for competent persons schemes in Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland
- A PAS 2030 certification scheme for oil heating installers in the UK
- The Microgeneration Certification Scheme in the UK
- Non-operative registration for specifiers, consultants, trainers and assessors etc.
Employing an OFTEC registered technician is the best guarantee that work on your heating system will be performed to a high level of competence and comply with relevant Building Regulations and manufacturers’ installation requirements.
Registering with OFTEC, advancing through our ongoing assessment process and using our technical support will provide strong foundations for your work as a heating professional. We work closely with training providers and inspect the work of all our registered technicians to ensure they meet the required standards of the heating industry. We are in close contact with manufacturers, regulators and regional authorities across the UK and the Republic of Ireland and can advise on the different local arrangements that may apply.