Who needs to register?

While OFTEC registration is aimed primarily at installers, it is also available for other roles within the industry.

You should register with OFTEC if you install any of the following:

  • Oil-fired heating or cooking appliances
  • Oil tanks or other equipment associated with oil-fired appliances
  • Central heating and hot water systems (including unvented hot water)
  • Heat pumps and solar thermal systems (with or without MCS registration as required)
  • Solid fuel room heaters
  • Open fires
  • Domestic fixed low or extra-low voltage electrical installations – Electrical (Part P)

You should register with OFTEC if you service or commission any of the following:

  • Oil-fired boilers, cookers and associated equipment
  • Solid fuel room heaters

OFTEC also offers registration for:

  • Oil heating specifiers, consultants, trainers or assessors

Apply for OFTEC registration now.


By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. View our Cookies/Privacy Policy

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.